|Membership Renewals and Applications:
Membership is open to all individuals who are engaged in travel, transportation, lodging and associated professions, whether as a buyer or supplier, servicing the business travel industry. Please fill out our online New Member Application.
Please note that this application is for New members only ~ online membership renewals for Current members can be paid in the Members Only section of our website.
FBTA 2014 Membership Contacts:
Vice President, Membership
Tel: (954) 581-9738
Director, Member Care
Tel: (561) 495-9902
The Florida Business Travel Association, South Florida Chapter (FBTA) is the authoritative voice of Business Travel Management in South Florida. Our resources are dedicated to providing a forum for the constructive exchange of information and ideas amongst our members. We are committed to enhancing the image of the travel manager and the educational advancement of our members.
Founded in 1990, FBTA is an organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the corporate travel industry. As the collective voice of this industry for Florida, we support and represent our core constituents of corporate travel managers and associated travel services by providing tools, information and networks required for effective business travel management.
Programs and Education. The FBTA – South Florida devotes the bulk of our resources to the education and professional skill development of our members. Understanding that corporate business travel is at the crossroads of change, The FBTA believes that a complete and intimate knowledge of the travel industry is crucial to the success of its members. Throughout the year, educational programs are held on a wide variety of topic’s affecting business travel management; from new developments in technology to changes in local and national purchasing trends.
Networking. Success in any business begins with establishing relationships among professionals in its industry. By actively participating in monthly meetings and other exciting events, FBTA members network and establish the professional relationships necessary for success. Promoting the healthy exchange of ideas and information, the FBTA enthusiastically welcomes the challenges of the 21st Century and vigorously represents and supports the needs and interests of those involved in the fields of business travel.
Volunteerism and Leadership. At the core of the FBTA are volunteers who compose our officers and committees. Accomplished and respected professionals in the travel management industry, they focus on specific issues which will affect our members. Because we are a collective of interested and motivated individuals, our members have the opportunity to actively participate in the functioning of the FBTA, gain the experience to grow professionally and assume leadership positions. By providing an information network where those pursuing careers in travel management can associate closely with industry leaders on important issues, the FBTA is the ideal venue for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to work together and effect real and lasting change in an important aspect of the local business community.
- Direct Membership shall be limited to any person regularly employed to 1) procure business travel services for employees of the corporation or organizations, or 2) promulgate and administer business travel polices for the corporation or organization. Direct members shall have all voting rights and may hold elective office within the Association. Direct membership may be transferred within a company by submitting a formal request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a $50 name change fee.
- Allied Membership is open to any person who is responsible for directing the business conducted by the following companies: Auto Rental, Bus, Certified Air Carrier, Charge Card, Credit Card, Cruise Line, Hotel, Motel, Railroad, Travel Related Automation Company, Travel Management Consulting Firms, Travel Management Companies and other travel professional services firms or associations. Allied membership shall have all voting rights unless otherwise specified herein, and may hold elective office within the Association. Allied membership may be transferred within a company by submitting a formal request by email to email@example.com and a $50 name change fee.
- Corporate Membership is open to any corporation, under Direct or Allied category, that wishes to enroll up to 4 members based at the same location for a reduced annual membership fee.
- Florida State Membership is open to any Allied (travel supplier) or Direct (travel manager/buyer) wanting to enroll in all three Florida Chapters -- South Florida BTA, Tampa Bay BTA, and Central Florida BTA. A Florida State Member will have access to member benefits, privileges and discounts of all three chapters and will have the ease of only having to process one membership application and pay annual dues at one time to one location. South Florida BTA, Tampa Bay BTA and Central Florida BTA run their membership based on the calendar year – January through December.
- Academic Membership shall be limited to any full-time post-secondary student or faculty at a college, university, or other post-secondary institution which is recognized by the Association leading to a degree or certificate in travel, transportation, or hospitality management. Academic members may not vote, hold elective office or chair a committee. They may attend all meetings at a reduced rate. Membership is not transferable.
- Honorary Lifetime Membership shall be limited to members of good standing, who retire from employment of a full-time basis. Lifetime membership may be appointed to such members by a majority vote of the membership. Lifetime membership shall have all rights and privileges of the Association with the exception of voting rights and holding an elective office. There shall be no assessment of dues and such member shall remain on the mailing list and roster designated as "Honorary Lifetime Member”
$300 Corporate Membership (Annual dues for up to 4 members from the same company address)
$240 Florida State Membership (Annual dues for single Allied or Direct member in all 3 Florida Chapters)
$175 New Allied Member
$100 New Direct Member
$125 Allied Renewal
$100 Direct Member Renewal
$50 Name Change
$25 Academic Membership
Monthly Meeting Fees:
$45 Guest (guests welcome to attend a maximum of two events per calendar year)
$55 Walk-in (for either member or guest)